Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Happy Anniversary, Me

Two years ago today I arrived in Japan, wide-eyed and bewildered. Today I sit at my desk at the office, refreshing the Missed Connections page on Tulsa Craigslist every hour, letting my backside rot as I write down every single item I'll pack for my trip to Trinidad. I leave on Thursday, and Lord willing I will arrive in Port of Spain on the 30th. It will feel like a three-day journey, but the calendar will say that is was just two. I am excited out of my pants to see my family, friends, and eat good food. In the meantime I will thank God for bringing me through some of the most tumultuous and stressful and wonderful years of my short life. As Lina Lamont would say, bless you all!

2 comments:

  1. Really? Excited out of your pants? Cause I don't think that would fly at the office.

    ReplyDelete