Wednesday, August 19, 2009

NEW WEBSITE!

The word is "proactive." I thought that proactive was something that business people made up in the '90s, like synergy, but a dictionary search told me it was actually added to legitimate vocabulary in the 1930s. Proactive is the opposite of reactive. I want to be proactive about my jewelry. Why? I'll tell you. It's because I make pieces that I'd never wear, but that I think other people might like. Also, jewelry supplies have emptied my pockets many a time in my life. It's time for retribution.

Like any good narcissist I've been toying with the idea of making a website. Ever since I got my new computer I've pulled up iWeb on the occasion and toyed with the templates. Usually I get frustrated and give up, only to pull up the file again a month later.

More recently I've felt the pull (read "call," fellow Jesus lovers) to really get going with putting my products on the web. That sounds strange, I know, but caring about sparrows and caring about websites are totally on the same level. Being at the BOE every day has given me plenty of time to look up information on how to be smarter than iWeb and publish it to my own domain. I need to get a scanner and some help. Thankfully a friend of mine is a graphic designer by nature (ALT by trade) and has indicated willingness to help.

Current status: I own petunkalunka.com like a boss, but I didn't know what to do with it while I mess with iWeb and try to make a real website. I figured I could start by redirecting my blog to the new domain. So, change your bookmarks and RSS feeds to www.petunkalunka.com, or pretend to have done so when I ask you about it. Someday it will be a part of a larger site, but the internet is harder than I thought.

Would anyone be interested in my website? I'm not really sure. It'd probably be pretty sad, both in appearance and number of visitors.

I'm going to go back to taping construction paper to my wall.

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed with your savvy web skills. You're official. You're like the mayor of Officialville. You just won re-election. Your slogan was, "Keep it classy, Officialville."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered how I got to petunkalunka site when I typed in ijapango. Now I understand. My computer savy is a little backward. Laurel, I'm impressed.
    Ann T.

    ReplyDelete